Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Moving Days 1&2

I have been so busy and have so much to blog about like my last day of school and our last visits with friends but - busy.

Yesterday was moving day.  My dad and I picked up the truck about 10:00 and then he went out to J's house to pick up some furniture that was left there while I went to the DMV.  Yes, to add to all the craziness, my bank would not allow me to cash my distribution check because of my name change (the name on the check was Koeck but my license still said Schneider) and the amount of the check was too high.  So, I had to get a new license even though I will be getting another one sometime in the next month for Florida.  

Then I went to the bank to deposit the check in my account and find out why my debit card was being rejected all weekend.  Someone used my card to purchase 9 Nintendo Digitals (whatever that is) for $20.00 each.  Hello fraud...grreeaat timing!   So, on top of everything else I sat at the bank an additional 20 minutes signing paperwork and getting a new debit card.  At least I'll get my $180.00 in 7-10 days.

Finally at noon I could go home and focus on packing up.  Ollie was freaking out and feeling quite insecure about everything going on. 




Moving mess

And...of course it was raining



One of the best things I did was hire movers for 3 hours of work.  For just under two hundred dollars these two guys came at 12:30 and loaded almost every...single...thing for us.  And *bonus* they knew how to arrange things so that every square inch of the truck was utilized.  In fact, I was so impressed that I called tonight and booked movers for Orlando too.  For the same price, they will unload everything and assemble the beds.  Let them sweat in the heat and humidity and I'll just point where I want things to be put.

We pulled out about 3:30 and promptly got lost.  Just as we were approaching Rosendale, the road was closed and obviously  it would have been too convenient to put up any detour signs so all we could do was guess our way around the construction.  After three strikeouts we backtracked to the highway and went a different way.  We stayed the night in Janesville and we will not be discussing the Tampa Bay Lightning game.

Today we drove from Janesville to Clarksville, TN.  

I was glad we were not traveling north on I39



My dad believes in avoiding Chicago and Indianapolis so we go the long and boring route through Illinois.  On the plus side - we avoid tolls.  There is only one toll this way and, of course, it was a toll I missed.  A truck blocked me in the IPass lane and I could not move over - am I the only one these things happen to?

One thing you can count on when driving with me - if exiting or entering a highway, you will be behind a large semi truck.


Guaranteed.

Some more scenes from our day






Oh Construction - how I despise you.











Hmmm...I wonder what they sell here:  WEED MAN


We had dinner at one of our faves - Cracker Barrel.

1 comment:

  1. I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well. I am very impressed with your vision and insight. local studio city movers

    ReplyDelete

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...