Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Seriously???

This gave me a good laugh today - although, in reality, I probably should be more concerned than humored that these were answers given by an 8th grader.

On Wednesdays, I oversee a high school study hall that meets in the room of the 8th grade English and Bible teacher.  The study hall is 2nd period and she only works afternoons so it happens to work out fine.

Usually when I go to sit down at her desk, there are papers that either need to be graded or have already been graded sitting there and I move them off to the side so I don't confuse them with papers I've brought in to grade.  

Sitting on her desk today was a Bible test and when I picked the papers up to move them, I quickly glanced at the questions (I do this on occasion just to see if I am able to answer the questions myself).  Then, because I couldn't help myself, I noticed the student's answers on the top paper.

Question #1:
Explain how the Israelites crossed the Jordan River.  Give details.
   
Answer:
They used a boat and crossed the thing (yes, the answer really said "the thing")

Question #2:
Explain the story of Rahab and the spies.

Answer:
The spies were spying on Rahab

Needless to say this student did not get credit for either of those answers.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...