Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saying Goodbye

 Before I begin I need to say that this was one of the most heart-breaking, gut-wrenching days of my life.


You may remember this post that I wrote a while back.  Well...none of us got the kind of healing we wanted for Mikayla...the miracle of an earthly healing.  Instead...Mikayla was reunited with her heavenly Father last Sunday.  
Mikayla's stuffed animals.  She was an animal lover like no other!


Mikayla was a very lucky little girl.  She had two wonderful, Christian parents who taught her about her Savior and Mikayla accepted Jesus into her heart long before the illness that damaged her brain.  


As true Christians, we rejoice for Mikayla knowing that she is healed and in Heaven.  


But that does little to ease the pain we feel from the separation death creates. That pain, I believe, is many times greater when it involves your own child.


Today I realized that I have never attended a funeral for a child.  


Today I heard the cry from a mother's heart as she saw her child's face for the last time on this earth.


Today I pray that I won't ever have to do that again.

I have heard before that "it's not goodbye...it's see you later' and this is very true.  So maybe the post title should actually be "Saying See You Later."  But I digress...the point is we are not left without hope...we have the joy of a reunion in Heaven to look forward to.  And we have our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to thank for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...