Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Es-ca-na-ba

On Monday I received an e-mail from my uncle stating that my grandmother's ashes were going to be buried on Thursday (tomorrow).


So yesterday, after I voted - by the way...here are my feelings about that election:
A waste of time and money!!!


 Zack and I (and Ollie) packed up the car and headed up to Michigan to stay with my parents for a few days and go to the cemetery for the burial.


However, a follow up e-mail I got 10 minutes ago corrected the previous one and listed the burial date as June 14th!  


Oh, well...we are still enjoying ourselves while we're here...and have no set return date.  We're just free flying in the wind...no plans.


But not quite as free flying as the cool, albeit slightly crazy, family we met today on our day trip to Escanaba.  A young family from Spain that flew into Montreal, Quebec and have rented a  Volkswagen van for a 5 month trek across Canada and the United States...with a 3 year old and a 3 month old!!!!  Cool...or...crazy?  I can't decide!


Anyway, Escanaba is located on the far east side of Michigan...right on Lake Michigan.


And Escanaba is beautiful


Almost as beautiful as the weather today...78*


We packed a picnic lunch.


And after we ate we took a walk around the lake.




Great Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...