Saturday, June 16, 2012

Watering

Normally, with all things being equal, I would be elated that we haven't had a single drop of rain this month yet.


In fact, looking at the data from the trusty weather.com site, our last measurable rain was .05 inches on May 26th.


I am a self-confessed sun goddess.  Sunscreen applied, I could spend hours a day soaking up the warmth of the sun's rays while I make my way through book after book.  


But this "drought" is taking it's toll on our garden, on our grass, and on the 279 trees that my husband has thought necessary to plant around our property (but that's a story for another time).  


The garden is easy to take care of but hand-watering 297 trees is not on my wish list of fun things to do.


So, I was pretty happy when I went outside to read today and saw this:
"Oh, thank goodness, God is taking care of our watering today," I thought.


Unfortunately, as ominous as this looked, it was a quick moving storm and only rained for a few minutes.


***Sigh*** There may be more watering in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...