Thursday, March 2, 2017

Wisconsin Mini Vacay Day One

After not falling asleep until about midnight, 3:50 came way too early.  I left plenty of time for everything so there was no rush or stress.  

I have come to expect problems with everything so I was genuinely surprised when 
things seemed to be going along without an issue...the cab I ordered on Monday night picked us up at 5:00 am sharp!  We only live about 15 minutes from the Orlando Airport so the drive was quick.

After checking in, we had time to sit in the food court and have some breakfast from McDonalds.  




Even at 5:45 am, the TSA security checkpoint was crazy long.  

But...we made it through and then it was off to our gate

The flight, which was scheduled to take off at 7:15 actually left a bit late.  I'm not sure what time, but I'm guessing it was somewhere around 7:35.  

We flew Frontier Airlines (Walrus plane A321)  




Budget flying for sure as we did not even get a soda to drink

Snow greeted us...

Once we landed, we hit our first snag...because...hello... this is me... and until this time, things were going way too smoothly!! 

I left Zack at the baggage claim while I went to get the rental car.  I had booked the rental online through Thrifty and I felt so organized arriving with my confirmation number thinking, "this should be quick with a pre-arranged order and the confirmation! Then, they asked for my credit card. I gave them my debit card and OH HECK NO!   They MUST have a credit card or show a return trip itinerary and TWO forms of ID.  And because they would not accept my work ID, I only had ONE form of ID.

At the same time I'm having a mini-meltdown in my mind about the car situation, Zack is calling me to tell me that our bag did not come out and "must have been left in Orlando!"  A little deep breathing and I leave the rental disaster to deal with the luggage debacle.  I arrive at Baggage Claim to see Zack standing there WITH our suitcase!  Evidently, he thought our suitcase was black and not dark blue so.....!!  

Anyway, back at the rental car counter, I walked up and down the counter asking every single company their rental policies and they were all the same as Thrifty (note to self: bring a credit card with you when you rent a car)I finally found Avis who would rent a car with only one form of ID so, even though it ended up being $50.00 more than Thrifty,I counted it as a win and jumped on it. After some paperwork was complete, I drove off in a spiffy red Chevy Spark.  Holy smallness!  

Even with that fiasco, we still had plenty of time to drive the 1.5 hours to Oshkosh before my 3:00 appointment at the doctor.  

The appointment itself (the whole reason we are here) went very well and I left feeling so grateful for a doctor that completely understands me.  

For dinner, we met Pat (Otto was sick) at Tortilla Flats for margaritas and chips and salsa.  We miss those chips and salsa so much we actually arrived 20 minutes early so that we could shovel them in, stopping for a necessary breath here and there.






Great dinner.....great conversation

Once we got back, I put my warm jammies on, Clare (who had had surgery that afternoon and was loopy with the anesthesia after effects) crawled in my lap and fell asleep, and Carey and I watched a Hallmark movie.
And Oh my goodness...is it ever cold!   




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...