Sunday, February 26, 2017

Unexpected Mini Vacation Coming Up

Since moving to Florida, I have discovered that the rules are very different here when it comes to medication and Tramadol is one of those medications that a doctor just will not prescribe.  

Even pharmacies are hyper sensitive when it comes to filling that kind of medication.  I found this out a couple months ago when I went to pick it up.  The pharmacist made some comment about the length of time I had been taking the Tramadol and I'm sure he was only referring to the year or so that I have been filling it at Publix so when I said 3.5 years, he got super quiet and began typing stuff on his computer keyboard.  I soon found out he was communicating with the DEA.  Seriously?   Tramadol is such a weak medication when compared to other narcotics.  So I let him know that I spent a year taking very strong narcotic medication that did not work at controlling my pain.  If I was just interested in drugs, I would still be taking it and claiming that it worked!  He immediately changed his attitude and handed over the pills. 

I am so tired of being looked at as a drug addict.  They have no idea what I went through to get to this point of being pain free.  They have no idea the amount of pain I was in!  

Anyway, I tried to find a doctor in this state willing to prescribe the Tramadol did not have any success.  The last physical I had with my doctor in Wisconsin was March 1 so he could no longer prescribe it for me unless I went to him for another physical...which is exactly what I am doing.  

Zack and I will be flying to Wisconsin on Thursday morning.  I have an appointment with the doctor Thursday afternoon.  We will spend Friday and Saturday visiting friends, and then fly home Sunday.    

Whirlwind trip but necessary. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...