Friday, March 17, 2017

The Latest in a Long Line of Cars

Ever since getting rid of my Chevy Malibu a couple years ago, I have been on a quest to find myself a "long-term" car - a car I can see myself in for 5+ years.  

I thought I had found it in the 2015 Toyota Corolla I bought a couple years ago.




However, there were a couple things about the car that I did not like.  It did not have cruise control which, for me, is almost a make or break deal.  Of course, when I test drove the car, I took the dealer's word that it did and did not look for it...BIG mistake!  The other thing was kind of silly but there are roughly 1 million white Toyota Corolla's driving around the streets of Orlando. That is obviously an exaggeration but,seriously, I see at least one just about every time I'm out on the road.  

So, in October, 2015, when I had the opportunity to dump the car without taking a loss, I took advantage of it. That, in itself, also turned out to be a big mistake.  My current vehicle, a 2011 Chevy Aveo is, quite frankly, the worst car I have ever owned.  I can always tell when it is windy because the car is all over the road.  Currently, the car has an electrical issue that causes the left directional to not work,  and the tire pressure, oil, and check engine lights are constantly on. If I turn the wheel hard or go over a bump, the car sounds as if it is going to fall apart. And, again, no cruise control!   

So, now that I am moving and have a second job, and finances are better, I thought the time was right to take the plunge and find a long term car. I had done a lot of researching and kind of had it nailed down to a Kia Rio or a Chevy Spark.  I knew I liked the Spark because we had it as a rental when we were in Wisconsin a couple weeks ago.  I also had in mind a specific color I liked.  

I visited the Chevy dealership this afternoon and...there it was!!!  

A 2017 Chevy Spark with 9 miles on it AND cruise control AND in my preferred color!  

AND for only $10,000!  

It's very similar to this one (but without the black trim around the license plate and on the hood)



We spent the next 4 hours putting together a deal.  Unfortunately,  I was not able to drive it home tonight because the only proof of income I could provide was my bank statements showing direct deposit of my pay check which is, of course, net income and, for some reason, they need a statement that shows gross income.  

Since we are now on Spring Break until March 27, it could be up to 11 days before I am able to get that proof!  UGH!!!  

But the deal is done...and the car is mine...and I am so happy to be free from that Aveo!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...