Thursday, March 23, 2017

Spring Breaking

It's hard to believe that Spring Break is almost over because I've been so busy that, besides being able to sleep in, it hardly feels like a break.  

I'll rewind to Thursday...

The students had a half day with a noon dismissal.  I spent the afternoon DEEP cleaning my room, grading papers, and completing report cards.  I then had to go to Huntington and work from 4:30 to 5:30. Once I got home, the rest of the night was spent doing lesson plans, entering grades into gradebook, and putting a class project together for an upcoming auction the school is having. 

Friday:  The students were off today but we still had to put in at least a half day.  I finished the cleaning of my room, ran off copies for the week we come back, put the attendance in the report cards, and generally wasted time until we could leave. On the way home I had the 'brilliant' idea of stopping off at the car dealership to look for a new car.  This was on my "to do list" over Spring Break so I thought maybe I could knock it off early.  I did not realize that I would be there for four+ hours!    And, after all that time, still not be able to drive off in my new car!  We had planned to do Mardi Gras that night but had to cancel because I spent so long at the dealership.  Instead, once I finally got home, Zack and I went to Chili's for dinner.  

Saturday:  My alarm went off at 9:15 and I got ready and headed out the door to work 10-11:30 at Huntington.  Once I got home, I took Ollie for a walk, made scrambled eggs for lunch, and collapsed into bed for a 2 hr nap.  Then I packed a suitcase, packed up the car, and we hit the road for Flagler Beach to visit my parents.  They were gone when we arrived so I took a quick shower and worked on putting binders together for my low reading students.  

Sunday:  Ollie made sure to wake us up early (9:00 is early to me). We went to Manny's for lunch and by the time we got to my parent's it was almost 4:00.  I took Ollie for a walk, put my jammies on, and relaxed for the evening,  

Monday:  Ollie let us sleep until 9:30 -still early in my book.  My mom took us to McDonalds for breakfast/lunch and then we drove back to Orlando.  I had to work from 5:30 to 7:30.

Tuesday:  I had an appointment at Wal-Mart vision center.  My prescription went from 4.25 to 3.75 so that was interesting.  I no more got home than I had to take Ollie to the vet for his shots...and he has another ear infection in his left ear (how nice)!  At night we went to Tampa Bay to watch the Lightning play... or try to play.



They lost!  ðŸ˜ ðŸ˜•ðŸ˜–😒😢

But we still had a good time.  

Wednesday:  This day I had to take Ollie to the groomers.  It has been his first real haircut since July.  When finances were tight, grooming had to be pushed aside and I was just cutting his hair at home trying to keep it from matting.  I was feeling so bad for him but now, even though his hair is shorter than I like it, he finally looks good again.  At night, I met C.J. at Universal for the Mardi Gras parade.  




And once again, I have more beads than I know what to do with.  I think I have more this year than last year even though we have gone less.  

Thursday (today):  This was the one day when I had nothing planned during the day except to sleep in and relax.  This was also the day that guys from AT&T knocked on my door at 10:00 waking me up and then spent the next 2.5 hours installing cable wiring in my bedroom closet.  It would not have been so bad except that during that 2.5 hours my apartment was like a revolving door with people knocking on the door every two to three minutes!  And, of course, Ollie had to bark every!single!time!  Yeah,  not relaxing at all.  I was supposed to work tonight from 4-7:30 but my 5:30-7:30 appointment canceled so I was able to leave early.

Tomorrow, I have to go to the bank, get my taxes done, and bring my computer in since Zack destroyed the hard drive on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...