Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Reviewing the HHN Shows

In my future reviews (scare zones and houses) I am also going to rank them...but since there are only two shows it hardly seems worth ranking.  

Bill and Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure
 



Photography is strictly banned at this show so these images are from Google.



The show is based on the 1989 movie Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure starring Keanu Reeves and Alex Winter.  Bill and Ted are two dim witted high school students who are desperate to get a good grade on their History final so they can pass the class.  To accomplish this they invent a time traveling phone booth to go back in time and collect parts of history to bring back with them.

The Halloween show, featuring actors portraying Bill and Ted, has been a part of Universal's HHN since 1992.   The show parodies pop culture as Bill and Ted mix and mingle with various Hollywood stars.  Anything and everything is fair game and the show's popularity has boomed as each year the audience waits to see which characters or stars will make it into the show.  

I, personally, could have gone to Halloween Horror Nights every night just to see this show.  The houses were great and the atmosphere was amazing, but this show was the highlight of the night for me. Many of the actors/dancers, including Bill and Ted, have returned for multiple years now.  

The dancing really made the show for me...mixing classics such as Thriller with current favorites such as Fall Out Boy's Uma Thurman and Shut Up and Dance with Me.  

And, yes, by the last evening I could pretty much recite the script word for word. I am looking forward to next year's show already. 


Jack's Carnival of Carnage
 








Honestly, this show was a little too much for me.  Unlike Bill and Ted, this is not a show that is put on year after year.  Jack's return this year was special for the 25th anniversary.  There were moments of comedy mixed in with some nice dancing and acrobats which made the show bearable but otherwise....................

The show was generally about blood, violence, and killing...not my thing.  I realize it was all done in the name of entertainment but still, not my thing.  

So even though I didn't rank them, I think you can figure out which one I preferred.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...