Sunday, November 15, 2015

Oh Christmas Tree

So...last week as I was returning from work I saw a notice in the crack of my door.  This is nothing unusual...we occasionally get notices about work being done around the complex or about social gatherings taking place.  

However, this notice was a warning to "clean up" my balcony or receive a $25.00 penalty.  I was dumbfounded to say the least and my first thought was, 'they must have the wrong apartment.' All I had on my balcony were two lawn chairs and four storage totes stacked on top of each other in the corner.  

I took the notice in to management who confirmed they did indeed have the right apartment and that the storage totes must go citing the resident handbook which states that balconies are not to be used as storage.  I understand why they wouldn't want someone to throw all their junk out there or have loads of boxes or junk out there but we are talking about four clean, totes stacked in a corner taking up about 4 square inches of the balcony!

I set aside yesterday to find a place for the offending totes.  Anyway, the only way I had room in the storage closet  was to take the Christmas tree out.  Then I decided if I was in process of moving storage containers around, I may as well just get all my Christmas stuff out and put away all my fall stuff. That way, instead of chucking around boxes in two weeks again, I would be set for a couple months.  

So yesterday, two weeks earlier than I planned, I put up our Christmas tree and decked out our apartment with my Christmas decorations..  All this while I still have my air conditioning on 24/7.  

And now, I have a 6ft Christmas tree box on my bedroom floor. But, hey, at least my balcony is clean. Maybe I should just sleep out there.






And lest you think I'm gonna go down quietly, I have penned a letter to management:


To Management,
                I apologize for having four storage totes out on my balcony!  I want you to know that I have rectified the situation by removing my Christmas tree from the storage closet and replacing it with said totes.  I now have a 6ft Christmas tree box on the floor in my bedroom – but at least my balcony is clean now.   Every time I look at the box I will be reminded of how I have paid $1200.00 a month to rent this space and now have a huge box on my bedroom floor because I cannot even keep four storage totes on my balcony!  I’m not talking about boxes or junk…I mean nice, clean storage totes stacked on top of each other in the corner of my balcony taking up about 4 square inches. Either way, they are now out of sight because they replaced the 6ft Christmas tree box which is on my bedroom floor. Thank you.

                I guess your reasoning behind this is for aesthetic beauty.  In that case I would like you to know that it is not aesthetically beautiful for me to open my door and see a pool with cracks on the bottom that has a huge chain around the gate and a pool closed sign hanging from it…for over FIVE months now!  I know it is difficult to repair but that is not my problem.

                I really did not want to be like this.  After waiting what I considered to be a sufficient amount of time, I expected the pool to be fixed.  It was not.  I still did not say anything because I don’t like to make waves. But since I was issued a warning for having FOUR storage totes on my balcony and now have been forced to live with a Christmas tree box on my bedroom floor…waves have already been made.  Please advise what steps you are taking to fix the pool issue or we can get together to discuss a rent reimbursement for having my beautiful view ruined by the look of a damaged pool I am unable to use. 

Sincerely,
Judy Koeck

K202

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...