Thursday, November 5, 2015

Reviewing the HHN Scare Zones

One of the things I loved the most about HHN was the atmosphere. That being said...I think they kind of sort of overdid it on the chainsaws this year.  People abound dressed in prison garb and yielding chainsaws.
Moving onto the scare zones

1). Psycoscareapy:
Hands down my favorite scare zone was Phychoscareapy.  The  patients of Shadybrook Rest Home and Sanitarium running wild in the street.  Originally a scare house, this zone was transformed into New York City Halloween night where escape patients and deranged inmates mingle among trick or treaters and party-goers. There was a huge bonfire here and it also had my favorite lady...





2). Icons:
This scare zone was basically four stages housing the Usher, the StoryTeller, the Director, and the CareTaker.  Each one had about a 1 minute show they would perform every once in a while. 




















3). Evil Roots
The decorating in this zone was so cool.  Hay bales, scarecrows, jack-o-lanterns in the trees....just to name a few.  The thing I did not like about this scare zone?  I thought there was a little too much fog. At times it was hard to see even the person in front of you.  When walking in a crowded theme park it's not ideal. But overall the decorating was great, the costumes were well done, and the actors played their roles well. 









4). Scarey Tales
Once upon a time the characters in Fairy Tales came to life and they are not at all the way we remember them in the books or the movies.  





5). All Nite Die-in
Straight from the movie screen and onto the streets of Universal for HHN. The decorating was a big yawn for me and I was pretty underwhelmed while walking through this zone.  




And I just have to add this


Occasionally this little doo hicky would be wheeled out and a lady would be laying in there - with rats!   Willingly letting rats climb all over her...crazy. Not sure if someone could pay me enough to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...