Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Random Stuff

     Here we are; Thanksgiving Eve.  Is it really almost December?  Slow down time.  I have to work tomorrow so we will not be having a Thanksgiving dinner.  Our dinner will be take home from my work venue.  We roll with the flow like that.  

   I feel like I blinked and we have been here six months already. Really time...slow down.Overall I love living here. It is nice to take advantage of the countless things there are to do here. It's anything but boring.  However, traffic can sometimes be out of control, and patience while driving is not one of my strong points.  But I'm learning because I have to.

    My car is STILL in the shop.  At least the mechanic calls me everyday and updates me on the progress.   They were hoping to have the car running today but he called and said once they removed the bad engine they noticed that the car overheated so badly that it melted one of the valves on the radiator.  That is utter madness because, as I said, I drove the car for less than 5 miles!  This news, however, does not upset me because the fix is covered under warranty also and, of course, I am not sad about driving the loaner car for another few days. 

A 2016 Buick Verano with loads of extras. 

      Ollie has been doing some of this again...

Not quite as bad as before but still more than right after we saw the vet. He scratched his left neck area so hard that he opened another sore on Sunday.  I have been keeping a careful eye on him in case another vet visit is needed. But so far, he seems to be okay.  

Ollie is in paradise because I found another store in the area that sells ham bones. 



     Zack and I have been trying to use our Disney passes about once a week. 

                             This came in the mail this week. 

 
      Last week I went to EPCOT by myself because someone doesn't like to go there.  But he is going to join me there on Monday as a birthday present to me.  We went to the Magic Kingdom on Monday and the second we arrived I had one of those 'what on earth was I thinking' moments.  It was ten times beyond crowded!!! I guess I thought because it was a cool night that everyone would leave early.  The first thing we tried to do was Haunted Mansion but with a 65 minute wait - no thank you. So we ate and went over to Tomorrowland.  Space Mountain had a 165 minute wait - who does that?  I would never look at a wait time of nearly three hours and and think, "yeah, sign me up."  Luckily we had a fastpass for that ride.    

     After that we went on the old Transit Authority (which they now renamed to it's original PeopleMover), saw Carousel of Progress, and walked over to Frontier land, went on Splash Mountain three times because who wants to go on a water ride in the cold (we do) so there was no wait, we finished just in time for, you guessed it, the Parade, walked all the way back to the castle and was pleasantly surprised that they had opened the walkway behind Main Street (when they do that you know it's busy), stopped at the Confectionery for treats, took the paddle boat back to the Transportation Center because the line for the monorail was too crazy long for me, walked back to our car, and drove home. There is a point to this long an rambling story---

     As we were walking into our house Zack looked at me and said, "do you realize anybody who got in that line for Space Mountain when we were there is just getting on the ride right now!" 

Some pictures from Carousel of Progress. We will often go to this when the park is unbelievably busy because it's something to do and there is never a wait. 










Our pool is 99% complete. The only thing remaining to do is to take the 'Pool Closed' sign off the gate and remove the chain lock. 

I am still in mourning over the end of HHN.  I really never expected I would fall in love with it the way I have.  I already can't wait until next year.

That's all the random stuff I have right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...