Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Starting School

So today my beloved Valley Christian started their school year - without me.  Boo hoo.

I spent time today on Facebook looking at parents posting back to school pictures of their kids.  Kids that I have loved and miss so badly.  I spent time today in prayer for my former co-workers and friends.  That they would experience a blessed and productive school year.  

The rest of my time today was spent trying to get my own son registered to begin school on Monday and, I gotta say, it doesn't look like it's going to happen. The hold-up is that it appears his school records have just disappeared.  

He went to one school for 1st-8th grade and then home school last year.  I don't remember Alpha Omega (home school) asking for his records to be transferred nor does Valley Christian have record of a transfer request.  But they also don't have it!   I called Alpha Omega just in case...and, no surprise, they do not have it.  

Grrr...I am waiting for a call back to see how we should proceed.  His immunization record is being faxed by his doctor so that is taken care of BUT once it arrives I have to take it to the health department and have it switched to a form valid for the state of Florida!!! The earliest I can do that is Friday...and they WILL NOT even let him register for classes without it.  

So that is where we are. It looks like my son will miss his first day of school.  Not great.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...