Monday, August 3, 2015

Finding New Everything

One of the things I didn't really consider when I thought about moving was finding new doctors for Zack and me and finding a veterinarian and groomer for Ollie.

Finding Zack a new doctor was no big deal because I never really felt 'attached" to his doctor in Oshkosh.  But I hate leaving my doctor. I went through so much (pain, procedures, etc) before I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and he was with me every step of the way.  He knows my history and knows that I went through several narcotic pain medications that didn't work before I found the Tramadol.  I only pray my new doctor will understand this because I don't want to go backward.  

I also loved Ollie's vet.  Not only did they take good care of Ollie, they were parents of student's I taught so they would sometimes give me the "poorly paid teacher" discount.  

And I'm telling you...I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Ollie's groomer.  I was not looking forward to finding a new one because anytime he went somewhere else, it did not turn out well. Once he even came home with a huge chunk of skin missing from under his neck. I was not happy because they never said anything when I picked him up and it took nearly three weeks to heal.  I'm not sure why either because, while he hates to be groomed, he sits very still and doesn't move.   

Finding a groomer is like taking a stab in the dark.  It's just trial and error until you find the one that works for you.  So when Ollie's hair started getting out of control I called a place that was close to our apartment called Ruff Ruff Grooming.  

His appointment was on Saturday and when I walked in I was immediately impressed with the place.  There were dogs everywhere...it was like a giant play date for dogs.  I like that they didn't  throw the dogs who were waiting to be groomed in a crate.  They had baby gates available for dogs who needed to be separated either because they were aggressive or shy but most of the dogs were running around and playing.  

He stayed there for 3 hours which is a little long considering it only takes about an hour to groom him but since he wasn't crated I didn't really care. I knew he was having fun playing with the other dogs.  

I loved how he looked too...all fluffy (although it is hard to tell in the photos) and good smelling.  I left a great tip and we will definitely go back there.  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...