Saturday, October 12, 2013

Master Bedroom

Continuing with the exciting "house tour" is the master bedroom.

There are three bedrooms on the upper level and one bathroom. 


View from the hallway as you walk in

It took me a while to decide what I wanted to do in here.  In fact, we ended up re-painting the room just two years after we moved in.  

I decided to go with a tan/burgundy/with a little bit of greenish color scheme.  The bed spread and curtains were purchased from the catalog Country Curtains with our economic stimulus money in 2008.  The bed spread is reversible and the other side has the same pattern as the curtains.


View from the bathroom off the master bedroom 

Just ignore all of hubby's hunting stuff in the back there.  It pretty much stays out all of October and November - except when he's using it. 

This fake flower is on my dresser.

It has a very special meaning to me.  

Years ago when we were living in Florida I was driving on Interstate 95 taking the boys to meet their dad.  It was mid to late November because Jon had just celebrated his birthday - probably his 8th or 9th.  As we were driving, it quickly became apparent to me that my car had a flat tire.  Fortunately, we were not too far from a gas station so we all got out and walked up a hill and down a street to the nearest gas station.  

After I finished talking with the service man...picking out a new tire and explaining to him where my car was...I turned my attention back to the boys and Jon was standing with his hands behind his back.  

He said, "I have something for you, mom." And he held out that fake rose.  He had used his birthday money to buy me a fake flower at a gas station and I will always cherish that thing as if it cost him a million dollars. It has fake rain droplets on it as well.

We don't have a master bathroom (my only complaint about the house) but we do have a pocket door leading from our bedroom to the only bathroom on the upper level.
Pocket door leading to the bathroom


So, there it is.  There is not much to show.  I am sure it is a small room compared to most master bedrooms but it suits me fine.  We don't have any beautiful matching furniture to show off...just mismatched dressers, a night table, and the chest at the end of the bed. And that suits me fine as well.  I am not a person who needs a perfect everything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...