Thursday, April 4, 2013

"Spring" Break

It's April

No, really, it is.  I have to keep repeating that to myself or I think it is still winter.

I guess the fact that the temperatures lately have been more like February averages may have something to do with that.

Today the mercury in the thermometer finally climbed to over 50* - but barely.

Driving around town I saw hordes of people outside as if they were bears just awakening from a long winter's hibernation.

So, what have we been doing this week of "spring" break?  Well, lots of sitting in front of the fireplace, lots of sleeping in, and lots of playing board games.

On Tuesday, when the temp reached a scorching 35*, I ordered the movie Wreck-It Ralph on pay per view and we've watched it several thousand times.  Apparently, you can record a pay-per-view movie and continue to watch it for three more days. And so...we have! 
 

But who wouldn't love a movie that has video games...and an adorable little girl like this?



Yesterday, Zack a doctor appointment.  Just for a med check.  He needs to be checked every four months (mostly blood pressure and weight) before they'll re-new his medication.  He's been pretty stable for years now but when he first went on this medication, he lost nearly 25 pounds in three months.  At the end of his second grade year I was buying him husky pants and by the beginning of his third grade year I was buying him slim pants. He has now remained quite average for the past three years or so. 

I've also been running Jon to and from school and today Zack had  "hang-out time" with a friend from school.  He reminds me that he is too old for a play date.

And that has been our exciting spring break!  Back to school next week - 7 more weeks! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...