Friday, April 19, 2013

Blah...Blah...Blah...Blah

I haven't felt like blogging a whole lot lately because I really don't have a lot positive to say.

And I don't want to alienate the super small reader base that I do have by being a Debbie Downer.

I guess the thing about being so far down in the pits...is that you have nowhere to go but up. 

I still haven't blogged about the intense and emotionally exhausting two night hospital stay for Jon last week - I'll save that for another time.

For today - the complaint is of the weather variety...again! 

Today was supposed to be our service day at school.  This is where our students go out into the community and perform services for those who need it.  My discipleship group was scheduled to go to our city zoo and get the enclosures ready for the animals to arrive on May 1.

But, instead, the service day was cancelled - more like postponed until May 17 - because, after all, who wants to be outside raking and working for 5 straight hours when the high temp today was maybe 40*! 

Snow was a possibility today but instead these crazy things fell from the sky that looked like little Styrofoam balls.




They melted right away.

I guess I should be thankful because my brother-in-law, who lives about 4 hours north, sent me this picture of their backyard today.

Yikes!

Poor Ollie is just waiting for his nightly walks to resume...he wants to be out

but then turns around to come right back in


Seriously!!!! For various reasons, I need to stick around here for at least one more year...but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't on the internet tonight searching for jobs in places like:
- Belize
-Antigua
-Barbados
-Florida
-Hawaii

Florida would probably be the most logical since my whole family is there...but I'm not ruling anything out at this point.

Is it really to much to ask for to be able to enjoy being outside in the middle of April????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...