Monday, April 1, 2013

Our Easter

Easter is one of the holidays that I really miss my family.  Knowing that they are all down in Florida celebrating together makes me feel a bit sad. 

This year Jerry was working and so I  was planning a quiet day with the boys.  That is until my bf invited me to go along with them to her sister's house. 

It was a wonderful day from start to finish.  And even though there were six people and three dogs in the car - it still felt comfortable.

On the way there I was in the way back with two of the dogs.
Rudy and Ollie

We stopped in Madison to pick up their son, Matt who is in college there.  The building he lives in is old but very charming, right on the lake, and had a really quaint courtyard.
Matt's building.  His room is on the 4th floor in the right corner

Our first stop was at Bill's parents house for a short visit, and then we went to Carey's sister's house for a very nice dinner.

The boys spent most of the time in the bedroom watching the Florida/Michigan basketball game.
Watching the game - frustrating from the start

Florida did not play well at all and lost by a lot.  This, of course, made Zack very unhappy and touchy for a while...but as soon as he spotted a basketball hoop in the backyard, he got over it pretty quickly.  Plus, my dad is a huge Michigan fan so it was a win/win situation as far as I was concerned.

Carey's sister put out a delicious meal with ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, rolls, and more.
Great company and conversation

delicious food

Ollie waiting to go outside

Rudy catching a little nap


It was great visiting and talking and I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time!


But soon we had to take Matt back to school and head home.
Time to go home
But not before we drove by our state capitol for some photos.
Our state capitol


On the way home I rode in the middle seat...but still had two dogs by me because...well...Ollie always has to be by me!
Jamie and Ollie
We had a great Easter day and are so thankful for great friends who treat us like family.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...