Saturday, April 27, 2013

Back on the Path

It has finally hit 70*


And that means the return of the nightly walk.  Last night I was planning on skipping the walk since after dinner I was compulsively cleaning the house.  But, Ollie had other ideas and would not calm down until I finally gave in at 7:30 and walked him around our yard.
Jeesh!

Today I thought we'd check out Terrell's Island - the first time since November.



And everything was going well until we came upon this scene:

several hundred birds who would jump into the water as we got closer.

and this is what they left behind



Apparently, it's nesting season until the end of July so Ollie will have to be leashed.

I leashed him as soon as we got close to the birds and the eggs - but he didn't really seem to care about either one of them.  He'd smell the eggs and just walk away.

Once we turned around it was funny watching all the birds getting out of the water right away to get back to their eggs.

Then I let Ollie off leash again and we finished our walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...