Monday, May 2, 2016

Lately...

We're still yawn-worthy boring around here.  

Time lately had been spent...

- On school and work.  As I said, my work schedule is back to my normal two or three days a week and I am so grateful for that.  I don't know how people can do that full time.  I don't shy away from work in general, but I don't love the job enough to do it all!the!time!  In fact, I found myself not enjoying it at all when I worked too much.  Every day I work, I have two objectives...1). to be a blessing to those around me, and 2). to exude a positive and friendly attitude to my co-workers and the customers.  Number two was certainly not happening!  

- Applying for jobs.  My love and passion for teaching has not lessened.  Unfortunately, my options are probably limited to charter and private schools who are not bound to follow the Florida pay scale for teachers.  A person with my experience and education (graduate credits) requires a higher salary than a newly graduated teacher - about a $20,000 difference that schools are hesitant to pay.  They do most of their hiring through job fairs for graduating seniors.  

- Watching play-off basketball and hockey.  Not really interested in watching either (unless it's the Lightning) but with only one TV that has cable, I have no choice.  Since I do have the TV 95% of the time, I feel it's only right to let Zack have it to watch his sports.  Lately, I have been just going into my bedroom and watching Netfllix.  

- Theme parking.  We still try to get Disney once a week.  I think we have black-out dates in the summer so I want to get use out of the passes while we can.  We went to the Magic Kingdom earlier in the evening and went on Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, and Pirates of the Caribbean.  Apparently, they have some technology that "reads" your wristband and the name attached to it when you're on the ride so when we went on Haunted Mansion, we saw tombstones with our names on them...it was pretty cool.  Zack was pretty serious about wanting to buy this

Perhaps if we still lived in Wisconsin I may have bought it for him. But there is no way that he would get any use out of this in Florida...so...no.  Thursday evening we are going to Universal Studios with C.J. We are pretty excited about it and hopefully this is the beginning of our "going once a week" like we did last summer.  


And that is about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...