Wednesday, April 27, 2016

EPCOT with the Famiglia

At lunch on Sunday I asked my aunt and uncle if they had any plans this week and they mentioned wanting to go to EPCOT.  Hello---my favorite Disney park.

They ended up getting free tickets for today and, since I did not have to work, I decided to join them.  They met me at my apartment and I drove (I get free parking) and we had a little parking perk since my aunt had a knee replacement a couple years ago and has a handicapped sticker.  



We spent a lot of the time just walking around...s.l.o.w.l.y. !!!  I've mentioned before how we usually power walk through the parks focused only on getting from one area to the other as quickly as possible, so walking that slowly was a bit of an adjustment for me.  

Since the majority of people begin the day in the front of the park, we immediately headed to World Showcase and went to the show in China and then watched a little flag show in Italy.  I discovered that my aunt's favorite thing was watching the performers which is something we never do.  
Mexico

China

Germany

Italy Flag Show




After the performance, we went to the American Adventure and then had some lunch.  They both enjoyed the show and they said that if it wasn't so long, they would want to see it again.  It is one of my faves too. 
America
We got to Japan just in time for my aunt to watch a drum show while I went to the back of Japan where there is a hidden food store and picked up a few packets of my favorite Japanese candy.  I got to the show just in time to watch the end of the drum performance - it was pretty good.







We continued walking and stopped in France for the movie - another one of my faves.  
France


In the end, it took us about 5.5 hours to get through World Showcase. 

In Future World we went on the Living with the Land boat ride, did some shopping at Mouse Gear, and went on Spaceship Earth. When we got there at 10:30, Spaceship Earth had a 45 minute wait. At 5:00, we waited less than 3 minutes.  

It was a very nice day. Even though it got into the upper 80's (approaching 90*), there was no humidity yet so it wasn't unbearably hot.  


















  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...