Monday, February 1, 2016

Pure Magic - Game Five

Ah yes...they finally won.  

This game was the best!

As if the club seats weren't enough, we arrived at the game yesterday and discovered that we were sitting in row 13!!!  


Yes..$200.00 seats for less than $10.00.  

so this was our view



The only thing that made it less enjoyable was that 85% of the people surrounding us were Celtics fans. 

Since they were playing the Celtics, a team who made the playoffs last year, we had about 0 hope that the Magic would win this game. At least we went into the game with low expectations.   


And, for a while, it seemed as if 0 hope was very accurate indeed. And can I just say how sick I am, after only 5 games, of watching teams sink 3 point last second shots to end the quarters...yes, it happened again last night at the end of the 1st quarter. 

Elfrid Payton 

had some slight competition in the weird hair department last night

but really...not even close 

Actually, I was happy (and amazed) that they kept the deficit under double digits in the first half. Especially since, at one point in the 2nd quarter, the Celtics were throwing up and draining threes and had a 12 point lead.  

I'm gonna take a second and vent about my hatred of the 3 pointer.  

At least I'm not alone as here are some other comments I have found

I do agree the game has become a little unbalanced with the constant emphasis on shooting 3s, and a little repetitive.

Notice on the NBA ads of the old great plays not one 3 point shot

“I hate it,” Popovich said. “To me, it's not basketball. But you gotta use it.”

It's the "you gotta use it" point that irritates me... it is sooooooooooooooooooooo overused (and if I could add another million o's to that word, I would).  

To me, it's not basketball to just pass the ball off behind the arc and throw it up time and time again.  

The Celtics did it 44 times last night!



Even though the Magic were able to pull away from the Celtics because of back to back 3's by Fournier...I still hate it. 

Of course, it's not a Magic game without a certain amount of drama and while you would think this lead would secure a win

Ha!  

Missed free throws by the Magic and back to back 3's by the Celtics brought the lead down to 3!  But two made free throws and a missed 3 pointer secured the win. 


I got the Magic in me......




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...