Sunday, February 14, 2016

It's Mardi Gras Time




Last night was my first Universal Mardi Gras- and it was FABULOUS!  



The highlight of Mardi Gras is the parade and concerts each Saturday.  I am especially excited about seeing Fall Out Boy on February 27 and REO Speedwagon on March 26.  I also wouldn't mind seeing The Fray on March 12 and 3 Doors Down on March 20.  

It's worth it to get there early and get a front row spot for the parade. This way, you can catch more of the beads that the people throw from the floats.  Of course, if you're short(er) like me and are standing next to a guy that has 8 foot arms...it's nearly impossible to catch a lot of them.  I still did okay, though, and he was nice enough to give me a couple of them that he knew I was trying to catch before his massive arms intervened.  

I couldn't get great pictures because you can't catch beads and take pictures at the same time...of course not.

So...google to the rescue. 













This Gator was my favorite!!!







I'd hate to be that poor girl with the shovel
Zack and I came home with 43 bead necklaces between us

A short video




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...