Sunday, February 21, 2016

Weekend Away

Before I realized that this was the weekend of the Daytona 500, I made plans to go up and spend the weekend with my parents.  

Way back when...I needed to take the kids to Orlando the Friday before the race and a normal 3 hour round trip took over 6 hours!  

So once I realized it was race weekend, I started second guessing my decision but, in the end, I decided to go ahead with the plans and I am so glad I did. We did not get stuck in any race traffic this time.  

Of course, there is no such thing as traffic free driving in Central Florida so we did encounter a traffic tie-up through downtown Orlando due to an accident narrowing three lane traffic down to one.  But thankfully, we were at the tail end of it so when we were still a couple miles from the accident scene they must have cleared the wreck and traffic resumed normal speed.  

Once we got out of the heavy traffic, we drove through a McDonald's for lunch where we got our food amazingly quick (and correct!) and Ollie had his whole cheeseburger devoured before we could even make it back on to the interstate.  #spoiledrottendog

Once we arrived and unpacked, we visited for a bit while Ollie situated himself directly between my mom and dad for optimum attention.  #spoiledrottendog  






Zack and I ventured down to the clubhouse for a couple games of pool.   And by the way...this weather...yes please!!!!  I will not complain.  



Mom made ravioli for dinner and then we played 7 games of Sequence.  Mom and I won 4 games to 3.  



Today we had lunch at Manny's in Daytona Beach before driving back to Orlando.
Circulating around the racetrack 






I am so glad we live close to family again and can do things like this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...