Sunday, February 28, 2016

Wisconsin Trip Day One

I'm not going to go into all the details of why we are making this trip up north...believe me when I say that it is imperative to make this trip right now or I would not be inserting myself into winter weather and cold temps!

So...it was a very early day getting up at 4:25.  We were out and on our way by 5:00.  I almost did not even make it out of Orlando.  I was on the corner of the street I live on and International Drive waiting to turn left (I had a red arrow).  As soon as the arrow turned green, I started accelerating and a car ran the red light and came within a few feet from hitting me.  I was seconds away from being t-boned by a red light runner going at least 40 mph!  

Travel was pretty smooth with the exception of downtown Atlanta where a lane closure led to a 15 minute traffic tie-up.  

We stopped for the night at a Super 8 in Cave City, Kentucky  just short of my goal of getting to Elizabethtown.   

Tomorrow, hopefully, we can pull off a sweet, sweet surprise when my BFF Carey opens her door to find us standing there!

Some pictures from the day:
Goodbye green landscape

Welcome to Georgia








Slow going through Atlanta



Welcome to Tennessee



No more leaves on the trees


Welcome to Kentucky

Our motel (and Ollie)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...