Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Basketball Banquet

Basketball season has been over for a while now but just last week I finally received an e-mail about a ceremony marking the occasion. 

 This year they decided to do something different and not only was it a wonderful night, it was an unbelievably generous gesture on the part of their coach (I believe I have mentioned him a couple thousand times already).

Coach G. invited everyone to the restaurant he owns for dinner.  They put out a buffet of spaghetti, garlic bread, salad, turkey, and potatoes.  He also offered anything off the menu for free for those not liking the buffet choices.  AND the kids all got an ice cream cone for dessert. 

At the end of dinner coach brought the A&B team together and talked about them as a team rather than recognizing each one individually and giving out titles and medals as he had in past years.





Well...there was one child he brought forward and recognized individually.

I held back tears as coach talked about how much his relationship with Zack has meant to him.  These two sure do have a special bond and I am beyond grateful that he has been an amazing, godly role model for Zack.


Trust me, had I not been focused on taking these poor-quality, blurry photos I would have been a sobbing mess.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...