Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Update

I went to see my primary yesterday morning.  My main reason for the visit was to re-test my blood for liver levels so that I could (hopefully) start taking the Diclofenac again.

The visit turned into a good news/bad news type of deal.

Good News:
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia.  Yep...that's good news.

Bad news: The medications currently used to treat this are all filtered through the liver and he said would never put me on any of them because of how fast my liver levels spiked last spring.  He said he had never seen a patient go from normal levels to the elevated levels mine were in such a short time.
So...even if my blood tests come back with normal levels, I cannot take the diclofenac as I was taking it before.  He wants me to take it only every other day or every three days. 

He really surprised me when he said that the amount of pain medication I was taking could actually be increasing the sensitivity in my nerve endings thus increasing the pain in my pressure points. 

Tentative plans are to pull way back on the pain medication, start the diclofenac (pending blood tests), and a muscle relaxer at nighttime. 

It may be tricky to find the right balance but...it's a start.  It's an answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...