Monday, August 12, 2013

Garden

I love having a garden in the summer.  Even though I don't actually do any of the planting - that's hubby's job - I do all of the watering, weeding, and upkeep of the garden.

There's only one problem...hubby tends to plant way!too!much!!!!

Here is a pictorial example:

This is what I have picked the past two days alone.


These are the cucumbers:

34 of them to be exact.  And hubby doesn't even eat cucumbers.

Then we have the zucchini:

14 of them (if you include the 2 I cut up and froze and the one I used to make zucchini bread). And hubby doesn't eat zucchini.  He won't even touch the zucchini bread.  I tried putting chocolate chips in it to entice him but it was still a no go.

And finally, the peppers.

Two different kinds - hot and mild. Hubby doesn't eat these either.  But I have plans to use them for salsa.

We still have tomato plants and cantaloupe that haven't produced anything yet...but they're close to being ripe (the tomatoes anyway).

And guess what??? Hubby doesn't eat those two things either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...