Thursday, May 30, 2013

Warning...Summer Vacation Ahead

My books came!

Some I have to read for a class and some are just for fun.  Each summer I order at least 6-7 books from Amazon to read while sitting outside. 

Yesterday, I started reading Their Eyes Were Watching God while sitting out for about a half hour or so...I did not apply sunscreen which was a huge mistake!  Usually, I always do because I HATE the look of a sunburn.  Oh well, lesson learned.



Ollie's nightly walks around the yard are a big part of summer.  He loves exploring the tall grass and weeds for critters.  He did find a bunny in there once - thankfully, it got away.

Our Green Acres mobile is primed and ready to prepare our garden for planting this weekend.

This morning I have an appointment with the rheumatologist (I am braced to hear him tell me the inflammation is allergy related) and then I need to go into school, turn in my staff binder and key, get the last couple remaining things out of my room...and summer vacation will officially begin.

I know it'll go by quickly - it always does...but then, so does the school year!

Update on rheumatologist visit:
HUGE disappointment.  I really did not like that doctor AT ALL.  He was very "clinical" and not very personable - or caring.  I won't be going back to him.

 All he did was explain the results of the blood tests I had taken at the beginning of the month:

- Basically, all tests for arthritis and immune diseases (lupus,etc) came back fine. 
- Inflammation levels were 18 - compared to 49 when I started taking the Diclofenac.
- Anything over 3 is considered "high" and anything over 10 is considered "chronic inflammatory illness."
- He offered me nothing as far as treatment or diagnosis - beyond physical therapy!!!!

Oh, and the worst part - he told me my liver enzymes were elevated and I needed to stop taking the Diclofenac. 

I feel completely blindsided. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...