Sunday, May 12, 2013

Catching Up

Confession time...I LOST it on Friday night!  I felt like a pressure cooker who had reached its limit and was spouting steam in every direction.

After getting done at the Urgent Care with my mom, we headed home to make dinner before having to go back out to pick up her prescriptions. 

Oddly, that put me over the edge. I would have been okay had we been able to pick up the prescription before going home.

But  little temper tantrum over, I was feeling better by the end of the night.

Yesterday, it was hubby's turn to throw a tantrum (granted, it was much smaller than mine) and then, finally, we decided to put everything behind us and salvage what was left of our Mother's Day weekend.

And it was a beautiful Mother's Day - not the weather of course - but the rest of the day was. 

It was one of those "cool weather" weekends so yesterday afternoon everyone curled up with a blanket and we watched Wreck-it-Ralph.  Then last night we went to the mall to get Zack a pair of shoes (which incidentally I found a $59.00 pair of adidas shoes for just $15.00).  We ate at Fuddruckers before coming home. 

 Tuesday night was Zack's Spring school concert.  His choir teacher is one of the best I have ever seen and her concerts are fantastic.  We missed his Christmas concert because he was fighting the great fever virus of 2012 at the time.

So I was really looking forward to this concert. The theme of this year's concert was:

 I was barely able to get Zack to pose for one picture before we went in because his one track mind was on finding his friends.  Yes, my friends,  a photographer I am definitely not (shadowing covering his face and all).

It wasn't until we put his white shirt on before the concert that I realized his neck was so huge we could not button the top button - oops.

The concert was great...but not uneventful as the boy two over from Zack on the right fainted up on stage.


The oddest thing is not one single kid up there did anything but watch him.  Finally, two parents rushed up from the audience to help him off stage.  He was alright, thankfully, just over-heated.

After the concert, as tradition dictates, we went to Culvers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...