Saturday, May 19, 2012

Remembering Grandma



Funerals can be like a big family reunion...except in a church...and the mood is usually a bit more somber.  But you see family members that you haven't seen in years...maybe since the last funeral everyone gathered for.  Possibly not recognizing members of your family!


Today, I walked right past my own cousin without recognizing him all the while wondering why my mom was hugging that "strange man" in the parking lot. (strange as in strang-er) 


Anyway, I found out things about my grandma today that I never knew...like she had a passion for collecting coins and stamps.  And in true grandma fashion, she has them neatly organized in books.  The coin collection is something truly amazing - a complete collection of pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, and half dollars...one from each year dating back to the late 1800's and early 1900's.  




After the prayer service I was able to speak with her pastor who re-affirmed what I already knew...that my grandma was anxious for God to call her home.

During the service her ashes were in a box and were put here:
 But by the time I went back after the service to get a picture, the box was gone.


It was a nice day...(even if the temps didn't cooperate with highs around 90*)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...