Thursday, May 17, 2012

Pulmonary Doctor Take Three

It's been a while since I've updated about breathing issues.  Some days it doesn't bother me at all...some days it has become so much a part of me that I just deal with it...and then there are the isolated days that the feeling and cough become so debilitating that I have to take the prescription medications to get relief from the symptoms...or else I very well may lose my mind!


Anyway, on Tuesday I made my third visit to the pulmonary doctor.  The first visit was a consult and the second was a methacholine challenge test.




Idealistically, the third visit would come days after the methacholine challenge but, in my case, it is 5 months later.  The nurse administering the test gave me the results of "within normal range" so I knew then that the diagnosis of cough variant asthma was out of the running.  


It takes me a while to rebound from these frustrations. 


 But, it is time to get back up, dust myself off, and begin to carry on in this quest to find answers to this 25+ year journey.




The consult with the doctor did reveal a possible answer...but I'm going to hold off on revealing that until I get the results from the other tests I am having in a couple weeks. 


Hopefully, things will fit together like a puzzle and I'll have some answers.


This weekend we head up north for my grandma's funeral.  Although she died a month ago today...we were finally able to coordinate everyone's schedule to have a memorial service on Saturday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...