Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Watch Out For My Wings!

First, I must tell you that googling something can put some very disturbing thoughts in your mind...as it did this weekend when I googled "blood in the urine-male."

Stage Set:

The look on the doctor's face as he entered the room yesterday said it all. 

Again?

It was our third trip this week.  My helicopter wings were out in full force as I listened to him explain that it was highly unlikely that a person of Jon's age would have any of the cancers that would cause blood in the urine.  He was in great form...his speech already rehearsed and memorized. 

I appreciated his little speech and if I weren't preparing to send my son 300 miles away for two months, I would have even accepted his speech as truth. But....I, as a mother...with the helicopter wings and all.. was not amused!

So...I pulled out the big guns!!! 
"If this was YOUR child...would you feel comfortable sending him away for two whole months with a wait and see approach?" And "how often does a person just have blood in the urine without a cause being identified?"

I could tell he was speechless because...well...he didn't speak. 

About a minute went by and he finally  turned to Jon and said "can you give us a urine sample today?"

HA!!!  Mother wins again.

But here is the part of the story that is a pip!  THERE WAS NO BLOOD!!! NONE!

Whew!  He has a urology appointment tomorrow and if no blood is present then...hopefully we can consider this matter behind us!

+++note: I do love this doctor.  He is very thorough and has been great through all Jon's issues since January!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...