Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Object of Zack's Affection

More of the same today...

Confessions, apologies, and consequences handed out.

Time to reflect on character, integrity, and honesty.

Time for self-examination and to make a plan for the future so he can move forward and begin working to rebuild trust. 

Zack was justifying his sin in own mind by convincing himself that the object he took was so small and inconsequential that it wasn't really stealing.  I am hopeful that now, after a day of reflection (and lecture), he sees it differently.

And the object he took?



A $5.99 Staples easy button.  

I am still having a difficult time with this.  I am confused and frustrated and sad.  I don't know what he was thinking or what would possess him to do that.  It's ridiculous to compromise your character and integrity over a $5.99 object that I probably would have gone and bought for him if he had only asked me.

I am just so grateful that God brought this situation to light so we could deal with it...and it could be so much worse.  I need to chalk this up to painful growth and pray that valuable lessons have been learned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...