Tuesday, November 6, 2012

And...Another Birthday Rolls Around

My middle son is 20 today.

That seems impossible...no way it has been 20 years since he looked like this:

It just can't be true because I remember that day like it was just yesterday.

- I remember being sick and not wanting to expend the energy necessary to birth a baby.

- I remember thinking I'd take a little nap a mere hour after labor started - you know to gather some energy - only to be told I was already 8cm.

- I remember when he was born that the doctor said he was bigger than C.J. was.  Not true...he was, in fact, 2 ozs. and a full inch smaller.

- I remember having a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup for lunch (after the big event) while shaking uncontrollably, an after effect of the epudural.

- I remember the labor and delivery floor was packed!  And we got moved to the overflow section because we were old pros at parenthood.

- And I remember feeling so completely and totally blessed to have another healthy, beautiful baby boy!!!

Jon, you have been such a blessing to our family.  Such a strong-willed child






with a kind and caring heart... who has grown into such a great young man who is strong in his convictions, intelligent, and personable.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...