Monday, December 12, 2016

Who Let the Dogs Out?

This title appropriately describes the atmosphere of my classroom at present.  

The combination of Christmas coming, winter break starting, and a relaxation of  classroom work in favor of concert practices, making parent gifts, secret santa shopping, and Christmas art projects, have made obeying rules passe; a thing of the past.  

Suddenly, my kids have forgotten how to line up, how to walk down the hall quietly, how to stand on a line,  and most disturbingly, how to be kind to each other.  

I find myself doing more and more deep breathing and LOTS of counting to 10 so that I remain patient with my little lovelies.   

Because they are only 7 and 8...and they are excited...and, trust me, after winter break...I'll have my revenge!!!!  

But seriously, I know things will return to normal --- eventually.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...