Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Conversations with 7 Year Olds.

Weird things heard from my little ones lately...

I passed out an assignment and was getting ready to explain directions...

Little Boy: "What?  This is so hard. I'm never going to be able to do this."

Me: "Really?  I hope you can because this is a first grade worksheet and you are in second grade."  

Same Little Boy: "Oh. This is so easy."  


I have a little boy who NEVER has any school supplies.  Whenever scissors, glue, crayons, or markers are necessary he needs to make his way around the room asking classmates to borrow their supplies.  So...last Friday I wrote a note home stating he needed new glue, crayons, and markers.  

This conversation took place on Monday...

Me:  "Did you bring your new school supplies today?"

Little Boy:  "No.  My mom said we can't afford them."  

Me:  "Tell your mom to get them at the Dollar Tree."

Little Boy: "My mom went skydiving this weekend."  

Me:  "Really?  She must be really brave?"  (and kinda to myself but obviously still too loud) "that must have cost a lot of money."

Little Boy:  "Yep...my dad said it cost $120.00."  

Oy


This last little gem was last week on Thursday morning as I was putting up the December calendar... as I placed the "First Day of Winter"  tile on December 21st...

Little Girl:  "What does that mean?"  


Umm....just nowhere to go with that one.  how do you describe the first day of winter other than it's the first day of winter????  

Speechless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...