Saturday, December 31, 2016

Goodbye 2016

I thought about doing a month by month recap of 2016 like I did last year ---but then I thought, "why?"  

2016 can be summed up in one word - terrible!   

I don't believe one month went by this year that did not provide me with some kind of challenge and, truthfully, most months presented 2, 3, or even 4 challenges that I was forced to face.  I hardly even blog anymore because most of what happens in my life lately is so frustrating and depressing that it would just turn people off.

And I suppose it's just fitting that 2016 could not end without providing yet one more challenge!  This one came in the mail today...a $160.00 ticket for "failure to comply with a steady red signal."  

Now...I don't think myself above the law and if I do something that deserves a ticket --- I accept that.  But, believe me when I say that I DID NOTHING WRONG HERE!!!!  

Since they are kind enough to provide a website with the pictures that were produced from the wonderful, lovely traffic camera, I have photo proof of what I am saying...

I know this intersection well because it is just a few hundred feet from where I work.  

Here I am STOPPED at the intersection WAITING to make a right turn.



Pay close attention to two things...1). I am BEHIND the solid right line as I am stopped, and 2).  where the white van is as I am stopped.  

Now, here I am proceeding with my right turn

Again, notice where that white van is as I start to make my turn?   I had been stopped for plenty of time.  Also, note that there is no oncoming traffic so clearly I am not cutting anyone off or making a rolling stop to beat oncoming traffic.  

I have sent these to a friend who is a police officer and he feels I would be successful if I fought the ticket - and I will fight it - but it just adds one more thing to my list of frustrations.   

So farewell 2016. 

 I am glad to see you go.     


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...