Monday, October 24, 2016

Just Everyday Life

Life keeps chugging along at an unbelievably rapid pace and here we are in the last week of October already.

If you had told me that it would be November 1st and I would still be waiting for the Florida Department of Education to certify me as a classroom teacher I would have cried.  Yet, here we are, and somehow (mostly through the generous help of others and completely by God's grace) I am making it - barely.  

My class has become AWESOME!   I knew it would happen it was just a question of when.    They were the very first class in the whole school that got 5 reward points for lunchroom behavior and now get to choose a reward.  The art teacher told me she picked my class for her teaching evaluation because of how well behaved they are...and I am SO proud of them.,,especially when I think about how they were at the beginning of the year.  Some days I wondered whether I was in a classroom or a 3 ring circus.  Oh, they still have their moments but they are finally at the point where my disapproval of their behavior is worse than any consequence I give them.   

We are now a cable free house.  I logged on to pay my bill and discovered my bill went from $115.00 a month to $170.00 a month.  No thank you!  The kind man I talked to when I called to cancel told me about an introductory offer starting in December for 120 Mbps lightning internet for $49.99 a month.  Right now I am paying $80.00 a month for 50 Mbps. All I have to do is cancel my account and start a new one so you can be sure I will be doing that!  We have been watching a lot of Netflix.  

We were given free tickets to the opening game for the Magic Wednesday night so we are both really looking forward to that.  Then HHN on Thursday night and a long weekend (Fri off) where we will go visit my parents.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...