Sunday, April 24, 2016

Famiglia Visite *Family Visits*

My mom's sister and her husband (from Wisconsin) are visiting Orlando.  She is very special to me and I spent a lot of time at her house when I was growing up.  Also, she lived with my mom right after I was born and apparently she is the one who got up and fed me every night and stayed up late with me when I decided sleeping at night was no fun.  During this time, my dad was gone M-F working out of town and my sister was only 15 months so I guess she really needed the help.

Anyway, we decided to get together for some pranzo (lunch) at a local restaurant.  Jon was supposed to work but has been sick and, while I am sad he has not been feeling well, I am happy he was able to join us.  

I must have been invisible to our waitress though because first, she brought out everyone's drinks but mine...and then she did the same thing with the food.  The drink only took a couple minutes to get but by the time my food finally came, everyone else was done eating already.  And because everyone shared little samples of their food with me, I wasn't even hungry anyway.  I ended up bringing it home and they took it off the bill so I guess it all worked out okay.  

When I began as a waitress, I was trained to make a map of the table for parties of 6 people or more.  Not only would that prevent something like this from happening, but then also, when serving the food, you don't have to stand there asking who ordered what. It is much more professional.  

Oh well, it was still a nice time with family. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...