Sunday, January 3, 2016

Eighth Time is the Charm but It Was Madness

Zack got two prescriptions as we left the ER yesterday morning.  One, Zithromax, was for the strep throat and the other, Tessalon (Generic: Benzonatate), is supposed to be a cough sup present.  But it has never worked for anyone that I know.  Jon was prescribed this right before he was diagnosed with pneumonia and it did not work for him at all!  But since I don't  pay anything for medications, I went ahead and had it filled anyway.  

That, in itself was not an easy task.  In a city of 255,500 people with an additional 200,000 on vacation right now, you would think you could find an open pharmacy?????  

I first tried at 8:30 yesterday morning on our way home from the ER.  We stopped at CVS - closed...went down the street to Walgreens - closed.  

I left for work early thinking surely a pharmacy would be open around 10:00.  I went to CVS - closed...went down the street to Walgreens - closed. 

I wanted to avoid having to do this chore after work when I was sure I'd be crazy exhausted but I had no choice.  I worked 11-6 and stopped at CVS on the way home - closed...went down the street to Walgreens - closed.  Apparently they had been open from 11-6 which worked just perfectly for me (*insert sarcasm).  

And not one single person there could tell me if there was an operating 24 hour pharmacy open in the city.  

All I could do was wait for today.  

I showed up at CVS at 11:10 - closed!!!!!!!  

Went down the street to Walgreens and finally success.  

Complete Madness




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...