Monday, January 18, 2016

A Bit of a Rough Spot

Things are crazy right now.  Crazy as "what else can possibly happen" crazy.  

In the past two weeks we have had 

- two computer hard drives crash.  Not old computers either. One we have had for a year and just had the hard drive replaced 3 months ago, and the other one is only 3 months old.  

and

- two lamps quit working.  Again, not junk lamps.  These are lamps I bought at Target last year.  

It is easy to feel frustrated and throw a pity party for yourself during these times.  And that is exactly how I was feeling when I left for Target this afternoon to do the grocery shopping. 

On the way back, I was listening to my Simon and Garfunkel CD (don't judge me) and "Like a Bridge Over Troubled Water" came on. I started thinking, 'I wish I had someone in my life like that.' Someone who would always be there for me and would be my soft landing spot when things get crazy like this.  

Then it hit me...I do.  My heavenly father!  Every single line of that song is what God promises to be for us...for me.  



It is so sad that I need that reminder once in a while but I am human.  

2 comments:

  1. That's so true. We need to keep God in the middle of our lives so that we lean on Him always. I agree that it's so easy to get into the pity party. I do it all the time. I'm always here too even from afar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way this is Carey on Bill's computer. You probably figured that out. 😛

    ReplyDelete

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...