Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Choices

Two days ago my middle son, Jon, got word that one of his good high school friends had died and I haven't stopped thinking about it since.

Even though this girl had been to our house on a few occasions and I recognize her through pictures, I didn't really know her all that well.
   Here she is at a birthday party we had for Jon a couple years ago. 

So why does her death consume my thoughts?  I think it is because of the way she died.  

Over consumption of alcohol!  

She went to a party in Milwaukee Saturday night, became so intoxicated that she wandered outside in a tank top, shorts, and fish net stockings, passed out, and by the time someone found her a few hours later, she was already gone.  Considering the temps in Milwaukee that night dipped to subzero, that is not surprising.  

Article here which shows a picture of her the night of the party and the outfit she was wearing.  

I am heartbroken.  

I am heartbroken for the friend my son lost. 

I am heartbroken for the daughter her mother and father lost. 

I am heartbroken for the sister her siblings lost.

 I am heartbroken for the person her family lost. 

And I am heartbroken for the loss of a woman who had so much potential, so much of life ahead of her, so many possibilities for her future.  

And all of this lost because she chose to misuse alcohol.  

If only she had made a different choice...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...