Saturday, January 3, 2015

Day Seventeen

Today is a day we look forward to all year...the day C.J. gets us into Universal Studios for free.  

It's so great to know that in a few short months we will be a family of Universal workers and will be able to do this all the time.  

So, Zack and I got to Orlando about 10:30 and it was already 80*

We headed into the park right away and the first thing I noticed was that it was a lot busier than I thought it would be.  I thought most Christmas vacationers would be gone already.  I don't think it was quite as busy as when we go before Christmas but still busy enough.  

Once inside we immediately made pigs of ourselves by buying $20.00 worth of Jelly Bellies...but with C.J.'s discount it only cost about $12.00.

Then C.J. got a friend to lead us to the front of the line for the Spiderman ride.  It pays to have connections.


After that we went on Cat in the Hat and then rode the Hogwarts express over to the new part of the park.







As you see above...the train is split into compartments and each compartment holds 8 people.  There is a movie screen covering the window showing scenes from Hogwarts. 

The train lets you off in a "London" train station and when you walk out of the station, you feel as though you are in London.   





But the biggest surprise is when you enter Diagon Alley.  Freaking cool!







And the ride might just be my new favorite

We had lunch at Lombards as usual - a big treat that we would never do if we didn't have C.J.'s 50% off.  C.J. and I had blackened salmon and Zack had fish and chips.  We also got free dessert because one of our salmons had to be re-cooked.  

After eating we went on Men in Black and E.T.




I really wanted to see Jon while he was working at the Simpson's ride but he was not working in an area that would allow us to by-pass the wait line and the wait time was like an hour.  

Instead Zack and C.J. went on the Mummy while I passed on my favorite ride because of my back.  Instead I walked around and took pictures. They really had some great Christmas decorations this year.







I'm going to take a moment and talk about one of my pet peeves...people who stop and gather in the middle of the street in a theme park!
Example:

This group of 10 people + 2 kids + 1 stroller standing right in the middle of the street so everyone has to walk around them.  Would it really kill them to move off to the side?

Anyway, we took the Hogwarts Express back to Islands of Adventure and C.J. and Zack went on Jurassic Park.  

The drive home ended on a bad note when it took us 20 minutes to go through the McDonalds drive thru - and there were only 6 cars ahead of us.  Yes it really took over 3 minutes a car!  We ordered just a 10 piece chicken nugget meal and as soon as i drove up to the window they handed me the soda and then I sat there and waited 3 minutes before they handed me the bag of food!  Which Zack didn't open until we got back on the interstate...at which time he realized they didn't even put the fries in the bag.  

I was just glad we weren't on I4 Eastbound which was completely shut down.  


While driving home at 10:00 - it was still nearly 80*




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...