Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The New Me...

I've shared a bit about the process of leaving the husband and beginning a new life with just Zack and me.  In fact, I've shared far more than I would normally share since I am usually a pretty private person.  

I could go into depth about what life is like living with a person who borderlines on narcissism and who spends 99.5% of his life showing no emotion whatsoever.  But...what purpose would that serve?  I can only say that I feel 199.5% confidant (not a misprint) that I exhausted all efforts to make our relationship work.  

Yesterday  was D -day.  The finalization.  And the beginning of a new chapter. 

...that will create a beautiful story.

Not a story of heartache and broken dreams or even a life that became derailed.  

No...this situation will not be the end of my story - or even the chapter that ultimately defines who I am.  This will be a chapter that was the beginning of creating a better, stronger, more determined me.  

Discomforts in our lives should challenge us to become better and stronger individuals and a life of comfort does nothing to change us or mold us into more beautiful versions of ourselves.  

So I rise above this, excited for the opportunity to face new challenges because I am capable of so much.  

I'm in a good place right now...I am learning new things every day and I am striving to be the best version of me that I can be.

I love and have the love and support of my family and friends.

But most importantly, eleven years ago I made the conscious decision to build my foundation on the saving love of my God.  In doing this, I know that my foundation will never crack or fail.  I may have to rebuild my house every once in a while, but the foundation will always be there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...