Monday, January 12, 2015

All the Hype That Never Should Be

So the sport's world is afire with various opinions regarding the Dez Bryant catch call that was reversed.  

First of all I have to say I never realized how many people across this country hate the Cowboys.  I was shocked.  I don't necessarily hate the Cowboys - but Dez Bryant is a different story.  

He has passion for sure - but his tantrum throwing snit fits on the sidelines have turned me off!  He is not a team player win or lose, he is an "I'll-only-be-on-your-side-as-long-as-we're-winning player. Otherwise watch out because I'll tear you apart right on the sidelines in front of the cameras.  Oh, and if things don't go my way, I may just storm off to the locker rooms before the game ends."

Yelling at one of his teammates 
1:21 left but Dez is headed to the locker room because Romo threw his 4th interception
Taking out his anger on the Gatorade cart

So, yeah, I'm not a Dez Bryant fan.  

That said, my opinion on the catch/no catch is...who cares?  

It is being given entirely too much credit.  

Bottom line is, the way the rule reads, it was not a catch because he did not maintain possession as he fell to the ground.  Whether or not the rule itself is stupid is a different story and one I will not debate here.  





Lost control as he hit the ground

Even if the call had stood and Dallas scored...there was still a full 4:00 left on the clock and the chances that Aaron Rodgers would have led the Packers to a game winning field goal are pretty high considering how they were playing in the second half.

So that one play is being given too much credit...just let it drop (no pun intended).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...