Tuesday, August 5, 2014

New Beginnings

As mentioned previously, hubby and I went our separate ways.  I am not wishing to air all our dirty laundry on the World Wide Web so I will simply say that I am satisfied with the fact that  did everything I could do to maintain our relationship and now I can move on to a new future with complete peace.  

After years of tense living conditions I am actually looking forward to our new life.  Zack and I (and Ollie, of course) are now settled into our apartment - our home for the next 10 months.  I was able to secure a lease through May 31st, at which point we will make our way to Orlando.  

Originally, I looked at an apartment on the first floor that was pretty small and very dated.  I decided to make sacrifices this year to save money for our move.  When I called to finalize the signing of the lease, they told me I had been moved to a second floor apartment in another building.  I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it!!!  It had brand new carpet, a storage room off the living room, and it was bigger than the original apartment!  We will be quite comfortable here.

One of the things I had decided was that I was going to take some of the money I received from the house settlement and buy new furniture.  I have NEVER had new things so I decided it was time to buy nice things that will last for a while.  

The entertainment center and TV were delivered from Best Buy on Friday.  My bedroom set and end table for the living room were delivered from WG&R today, and a sleeper sofa will be delivered on Thursday.  I also went out and bought three bookshelves (for the living room and each of the bedrooms) and put them together myself.  

Here are a few pictures - mostly unfurnished rooms.  
Living room and storage room

Dining room


My room



Zack's room

Zack's room

Zack's bed...I just ordered some Florida Gator bedding and curtains tonight so hopefully it will be delivered sometime next week




TV, entertainment center, trash bag, and dog waiting to be taken outside.  It was purely coincidental that the U of F is on the TV...I was watching Forensic Files.  



The tiny kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...