Saturday, March 30, 2013

Witness

I was in all of our school plays in high school but my favorite by far was my junior year when we put on The Witness by Jimmy and Carol Owens.  I felt so privileged to be in that play and remember thinking "I wonder if we are impacting any lives" each time we took the stage.

I was so happy when a local theatre group decided to perform The Witness a few years ago. They do it every year right before Easter.






The play is the story of Jesus as told by Peter and mostly through song...although this particular director has changed a lot of the original script to add dramatic effect.




The crucifix scene is very touching and emotional. Several of the cast members actually shed tears. It is really very personal and realistic.




Several of the actors are children and parents from our school.  It is always great to see this right before Easter and remember God's great sacrifice.



Happy Easter everyone.  Celebrate our wonderful gift of everlasting life because of the suffering and sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...