Monday, March 25, 2013

All is Well

So...great news all around at the doctor this morning.

To briefly sum it up:
- I have a chronic inflammatory disease
- The most likely reason for the inflammation is rheumatoid arthritis which does run in my family (my grandma had it and my aunt and cousin have it)...but he said as long as the diclofenec is working, it is not necessary to explore the cause.  
- The diclofenec can be taken for long periods of time - even up to a couple years.
- It requires a blood test every five or six months to determine how it is affecting the kidneys.

This is great news because I thought this was a short term treatment and knowing that I can depend on this for a longer period of time is nice to know.  

The benefits far outweigh the risks (there are more risks than just the kidneys) and we talked some about quality of life vs. quantity of life. I most definitely want quality of life and would not want to go back to living life as I was - pain pill to pain pill.  

There is a chance that eventually the inflammation will increase and the diclofenec will no longer be as effective...but I am not going to borrow trouble and worry about something that hasn't happened yet - or may never happen.   


So for now...all is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Last Day

  That is a wrap on the 2023-2024 school year.  I spent this year at Central Florida Christian Academy.  The school is associated with Churc...